Friday 15 March 2013

Kettlebells are NOT for Wimps

I am a wimp.  Seriously, I can barely walk today.  And don't get me started on the amount of pain involved with trying to either stand up or sit down.  It's insane.

Yesterday, I bought myself a kettlebell.  It was a pretty light one by kettlebell standards - a mere 10 pounds (4.5 kg), but MAN those are 10 pounds of hell.  After the workout, my legs felt shaky.  Walking was a bit unsteady, so I stayed seated for awhile.  Then we went to the Museum for 3 hours, so I leisurely strolled around there, though I did get a bit of a workout on those stairs!

By the end of the evening, I felt fine.  I even made sure to do exercises during the commercials to try and up my exercise time for the day.

Then, I woke up this morning.  I should not have moved.  At all. The pain was excruciating.  I thought that it would get better, but honestly, I think that it has gotten worse.  My thighs feel gigantic. My plan is still to go out and walk, but I seriously doubt that I will be able to even go around the block.

Of course, when I'm not in so much agony, I will probably try out that Kettlebell again.  I might be a wimp, but I'm awfully stubborn!

Update: I managed to walk!  It was so cold out that I couldn't feel much pain after my legs froze, we walked about 2km, which is much better than I thought I would be able to do :)

No comments:

Post a Comment