Monday 4 March 2013

Two Week Walking Challenge - Day 1

I was out on Friday night with my friend Ann at an Ottawa Valley Moms event - a dinner at a beautiful restaurant called Rare.  She was saying that during her 2 week Florida vacation (which starts today - lucky duck!), she would be walking daily.

I promised her if she would walk, then so would I.  You see, though I want to start being active, I never quite get to doing things.  You just have to take a look at my dusty yoga and pilates DVDs to see the evidence of this.  I figured if I was accountable to somebody else, then I would be more likely to do something.

Well, I am happy to say that I have successfully done my Day 1 walk! It was cold and the sidewalks were icy, but I did it anyway.  My left calf was hurting like an SOB, but I persevered. Yes, that is just how out of shape I am, a brisk walk caused burning pain.  Whatever.  I did it and I'm proud of myself.

Now if I could only manage to drink 8 glasses of water a day.....

No comments:

Post a Comment